PRIVACY STATEMENT BeaconMi Pte Ltd (“BeaconMi”) respects your concerns about privacy. This privacy statement explains BeaconMi’s policies and procedures regarding handling of personal information submitted to us.
BeaconMi intends to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard personal and other information that we collect or that you provide, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
This privacy statement applies to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, home and business mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, and other information that you submit to us. By accessing and using BeaconMi web or mobile application, and receiving the Service (defined below), or otherwise providing Personal Data to BeaconMi, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this/ privacy statement and the processing and transfer of Personal Data in accordance with this privacy statement.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
a. This privacy statement applies to Personal Data collected about you or directly from you (either in person or through wireless communications networks and signals of any kind. All BeaconMi affiliate or business partner, or other third parties are contractually required to maintain confidentiality of all Personal Data.
b. You may subscribe to a BeaconMi account, which is accessible on our website and mobile application. We may collect and process the following types of data for your account: your profile information including Personal Data; the status of your orders if any; and all browsing pages. Your BeaconMi mobile application collects and stores certain data regarding your preferences, location, browsing and purchase habits. This active connection also enables us to view the real‐time data on top of the historical data. This type of information access is restricted to a very limited number of personnel.
c. Browsing and transaction history. We collect and process data about the browsing and transaction history of each subscriber, including Personal Data and any subscriber complaints regarding the use of our mobile application or website for purposes of improving our services and your user experience.
d. Website Log Data. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, BeaconMi and any third‐party publishers or Web sites and/or service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used including, but not limited to, statistical data such as browser type, operating system, the IP address or other unique identifier for the device used to access the Site, the pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on each page, the preceding page views, information that you access or search for on the Site, and other statistics (collectively, “Website Log Data”). We use Website Log Data to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for technical administration of the Site and to provide you Services, to increase functionality and user‐friendliness, and to better tailor the Site to your needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that you meet the criteria required to process your requests.
f. Usage of Data Collected. BeaconMi does not share, sell, or rent Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for their own use (i.e. for purposes unrelated to products and services of BeaconMi and its affiliates) without your consent. BeaconMi uses and processes information that we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including for example: to respond to your questions and requests, such as to enable you to participate in programs hosted by BeaconMi from time to time; to provide you with access to certain services, areas and features of the Site; to provide services related to your preferences; to verify your identity; to communicate with you about your account and activities on the Site and, in our discretion, changes to any BeaconMi policy; to tailor content, advertisements, and offers that we provide; to improve the Site; to fulfil and deliver goods or services (if any); to meet a request for or to develop new products or services; to match Personal Data collected from the app with data about you collected through other sources; to comply with legal requirements; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data or otherwise with your consent (collectively, the “Service” or “Services”). We may also share Personal Data and other information collected about you as disclosed at the time that you provide such information and as follows:
1. Service Providers. In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share Personal Data and other information collected about you with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) or on your behalf, such as companies or individuals that: facilitate our Service; provide Service on our behalf or your behalf; perform Site‐related services (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features); analyze data; provide customer service; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer BeaconMi programs or provide marketing assistance. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf or your behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
2. Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Data and we may otherwise disclose Website Log Data and other non‐Personal Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes such as creation of new products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Data.
3. Business Transfers. BeaconMi may transfer or disclose information, including Personal Data, to our subsidiaries, affiliates and other entities in the family of companies controlled by BeaconMi for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may also share your information with authorized retailers and other entities that may be involved in BeaconMi. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, we may disclose Personal Data and any other information that we have collected about you to such entity as part of the due diligence process and transfer the data as one of the transferred assets.
4. Legal Disclosure. BeaconMi may transfer and disclose information, including Personal Data, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the Site, BeaconMi third parties, visitors to our Site or the public, as determined by us at our sole discretion.
5. International Transfer. BeaconMi may transfer Personal Data and other information collected about you between Singapore and other countries, including your location outside Singapore, and maintains and processes such information in Singapore and any other country in which BeaconMi or our affiliates operate.
6. Safeguarding information. We take reasonable security measures – including technical, physical and administrative safeguards – to safeguard your Personal Data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Although we maintain safeguards to protect information sent wirelessly, we cannot promise or guarantee that transmissions through wireless and satellite networks will not be intercepted by others.
7. Links to Other Sites. Our Site/ App may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an external website by clicking on a link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third‐party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them.
8. Opt‐Out Rights. We will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information of which we are given notice, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. You may choose not to disclose Personal Data to BeaconMi in person, by telephone, by email or through the Site.
You may also opt‐out from processing of your Personal Data as follows: If you choose to receive e‐mail communications from BeaconMi about products and other information, you may opt out from receiving such e‐mails by following the opt‐out instructions provided in the e‐mail that you receive. If you wish to opt‐out from collection of new categories of your Personal Data, from use or processing of your Personal Data in a manner that is not described in this Privacy Statement and/or from disclosure of your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties, you may do so by sending a written request to BeaconMi (see Section on How to Contact Us).
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Data. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Data indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Data. You are also notified that it may not always be possible to completely remove, update or delete your information from our databases without some residual or unchanged data because of backups and other reasons.
9. Children’s Privacy. BeaconMi does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with Personal Data, a parent or guardian may contact us in accordance with the section below titled, “How To Contact Us” and, upon request, BeaconMi will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database in which it is stored.
10. Modifications. BeaconMi may change information on the Site and/or this privacy statement at any time without prior notice to you, and any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised privacy statement on the Site. However, BeaconMi will use your Personal Data in a manner consistent with the privacy statement in effect at the time you submitted the information, unless you consent to the new or revised policy. Continued use of the Site or Service, as applicable, will constitute such consent.
11. How to Contact Us. To contact us with a question or comment, or to request a correction or deletion of your Personal Data, via e‐mail at email@example.com/ via mail at BeaconMi Technologies Pte Ltd, 318 Tanglin Road, Phoenix Park Office Campus, #01-32 Singapore 247979.
BeaconMi is committed to working with individuals to obtain a fair resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the collection or use of your data. Individuals with an inquiry or complaint regarding this Privacy Statement should first contact BeaconMi as described above in this section. If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through BeaconMi’s internal processes, BeaconMi commits to refer the unresolved privacy complaint for resolution by an independent dispute resolution mechanism under the laws of the Republic of Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act.
We'd love to hear from you!